Thursday 25 July 2013

With Love, Your Children

Hello reader, this time I'm gonna share my thought about pictures I have taken a year ago. I took this pictures in my holiday vacation to Kupang, Indonesia last year. The object is native people on that beautiful, unspoiled island.

Native 'Baun' Children | Photographer : Yonathan Mulyadi

What did you see from this photograph?
A girl with a blanket? A boy who starring at me? Sad faces? Innocent faces? Two homeless child?

Play
Well, I took this photo in the morning when go to secluded waterfall in one area. The breeze was cold, and this two children sat on the rock near the waterfall alone. I have no idea where their parents are because I think this two children slept in that area overnight.
     But I don't want to criticize the parents in this post, I want to discuss about how the children should feel and think about their parents.

Youth age is a great time to play and have fun. When I see children, I do not see a human being, but I see a freedom. I see honesty in their eyes, and I really can't bear to see these things disappear.

What I saw that morning were two children who lost their joy. It is very sad to see the children bear the sadness in their hearts.
Water Fall

I was a child who doesn't have a mother since I was 6 years old. My parents divorced and I feel that sadness. I really do not want anyone else experienced this. Fortunately, I have a great father. He is my first hero. He is my first teacher. He is a good listener and also a good adviser. He is my best friend and He'll always be there for me and my brother.

Holding Hand | Photographer : Yonathan Mulyadi

Parents are the most valuable things owned by a child even though they do not realize it. Over time, children grow up and parents getting older. Often, we do not realize that time is a thing that can not be repeated and replaced.

This is my first blog post and I dedicate this to my father in Indonesia. I miss him very much. I realized when I started my life in Singapore that I really really love him.

This is the first showcase about my feeling right now. When I see this photograph on my laptop, I remembered the beautiful thing that God gave it to me in my home. Even though I didn't remember the detail of every childhood memories, I realize that I didn't only feel a sadness. I feel the joy overflow like a fountain in the garden and it never dries. I can feel the struggle
"What it's like to be a parent: It's one of the hardest things you'll ever do but in exchange it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love. ― Nicholas Sparks, The Wedding"
Let me share my photoworks that time here.

Grilled Banana in Lasiana Beach | Photographer : Yonathan Mulyadi
Curiosity | Photographer : Yonathan Mulyadi
Se'i | Photographer : Yonathan Mulyadi
Sunset at Lasiana Beach | Photographer : Yonathan Mulyadi

No comments:

Post a Comment